Sep / 07

Sign Language Services

IEPcontent News & Discussion, Resources for Parents 0

American Sign Language is used to communicate with people who are deaf or hard of hearing. It involves signing words with your hands so that the person can see what you are saying. An American Sign Language interpreter is one of the many services that can be provided to a person or child who is deaf or hard of hearing.

If there is a child with an IEP plan in place that requires a sign language interpreter, places like LiNKS Sign Language and Interpreting Services can be of assistance. They are a full service provider of interpreting services to individual clients, organizations, and departmental agencies of city, county, and state governments, as well as hundreds of other private, non-profit, and corporations. They provide services in the following areas: American Sign Language, Language interpreting services, Medical interpreters, Tactile interpreting, and Trilingual services (Spanish, American Sign Language, and English). To learn more about LiNKS, visit here:

Another resource parents of children with a need for an ASL interpreter can tap into is Lifesigns. This is southern California’s oldest and largest American Sign Language interpreting agency. They offer services in interpreting and communication aids. For more information about the services Lifesigns provides, visit:

Leave a Comment

Upcoming Events

There are no upcoming events at this time.

Follow Us
Donate To IEP

Donor contributions go to fund community presentations which help educate and empower families to advocate on behalf of their children living with special needs. Additionally, donor contributions fund pro-bono sponsorship of low income families who require legal aide. Donor contributions flow directly to students living with disabilities and their families who fight for the right to a free and appropriate public education.