Betsy DeVos and Leaving All the Children Behind [IEP 002]
We’re exploring the Secretary of Education position and what it entails. This position has come into the limelight more so this year so we wanted to discuss who the new Secretary of Education is (Betsy DeVos), what her credentials are, and what her plans are for public education.
What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- Who is Betsy DeVos and what are her credentials?
- What is a Secretary of Education supposed to do anyways?
- What is the voucher system that DeVos wants to implement and how does it work?
- Requirements that Federal laws demand of public school teachers that don’t necessarily apply to private school teachers
- Is privatization of education the answer?
- What has DeVos accomplished so far?
- Title IX protections
- The progress we’ve experienced over the last 8 years
Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates (COPAA)
Thank you for listening!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the show to receive every new episode delivered straight to your podcast player of choice.
If you enjoyed this episode and believe in our message, then please help us get the word out about this podcast. Rate and Review this show in Apple Podcasts, Stitcher Radio, or Google Play. It helps other listeners find this show.
Be sure to connect with us and reach out with any questions/concerns: